21.11.12

YAJOI KUSAMA

YK said:

"My artwork is an expression of my life, particularly of my mental disease."

"My art originates from hallucinations only I can see. I translate the hallucinations and obsessional images that plague me into sculptures and paintings. All my works in pastels are the products of obsessional neurosis and are therefore inextricably connected to my disease. I create pieces even when I don’t see hallucinations, though."


















London's Tate Modern just debuted a stunning new art installation by Yayoi Kusama that consists of hundreds of low-energy LED lights reflected by wall-to-wall mirrors. Dubbed the Infinity Mirror Room, the exhibit is a spectacular spacial void brimming with sparkling lights that dazzle and amaze visitors.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten